White Bear Lake
Welcome to White Bear Lake! This city is named after the lake that sits in its’ center, and has more than one legend illustrating the origin of the name of the lake and city. This is a charming small town with downtown shops and restaurants, lake living, and and lake recreation opportunities. Some of our favorite restaurants downtown are Washington Square and Aqua WBL.
Every summer on Thursdays, the downtown area shuts down access for cars and they put on their Market Fest which includes things like “food (over 30 food vendors), merchandise, art, and handcrafted goods. And there are numerous activities for children including a petting zoo and games.” Find out more (dates and locations) HERE!
The White Bear Lake school system includes nine elementary sites, two middle school sites, and two high school sites. The White Bear Lake Area Schools operate as Independent School District 624.
Elementary schools (K-5)
- Birch Lake
- Hugo (Pre-k through 1st Grade)/Oneka (2nd-5th Grade), located in Hugo
- Otter Lake Elementary
- Matoska International (Originally Parkview/Centerpoint)
- Vadnais Heights, located in Vadnais Heights
- Willow Lane
Middle Schools (6-8)
- Sunrise Park
High Schools (9-12)
- White Bear Lake Area High School (North Campus): grades 9 & 10
- White Bear Lake Area High School (South Campus): grades 11 & 12